Tuesday 7 April 2009

Send Help




The Boss : "What's the address you use for Niall?"

Here's me : "N Martin at Martin International Dot Com"

Few seconds later:

The Boss : "Undeliverable rate request your message did not reach some or all of the international no intended recip.. recipients subject rate request the following recip..."

If you can imagine a person reading gibberish in an evenly timed flat monotone, sort of the linguistic equivalent of Bono singing, you'll be on the right page.

Here's me : "Woah, woah, woah. So it bounced. What address did you put in?"

The Boss : "What you told me."

Here's me : "N Martin, yeah? N for Niall? No dot. N Martin at Martin International Dot Com"

The Boss : "Is it at Martin International Dot Com?"

I can't take this. Back to the Dark Side. The Boss has had a rejection from the following not-even-an-email-address - nmartininternational.com. I point this out.

The Boss : "You didn't say 'at'".

Here's me : "I did, and anway, it's surely implicit."

The Boss : "Don't be smart with me. No you didn't."





Here's me problem right here folks :



You have two people in a room.

One says "You did say that."

The other says "I didn't say that."

One says "You did say that."

The other says "I didn't say that."

One of these people is convinced that they're always right and will never ever but never entertain the idea of 'well maybe I am mistaken'.

The same one is also completely and totally brainwrong.

And is also in charge.




SEND

HELP

No comments:

Post a Comment