Wednesday 3 June 2009

Clue Is In The Question

The Boss : "You're putting the slips in the wrong place."

Here's me : "What slips?"

The Boss : "For Seaforth."

Here's me : "What slips for Seaforth?"

The Boss : "For Felixestowe."

Here's me : "Felixestowe?"

The Boss : "No, Southampton."

Here's me : "Wha?"

The Boss : "For London."

Here's me : "Wha?"

The Boss : "The slips for London, you're putting them in the wrong place."

Here's me : "What slips?"

The Boss : "Your envelope. Your envelope for London."

OK. I do have an envelope for London sitting in the post tray. OK. It's for London, and I've addressed it to London. Seemed reasonable enough to me.

Here's me : "What about my envelope for London?"

The Boss : "You've addressed it..."

...

...

A pause as she stares at the envelope in her hand, confusion radiating but utterly determined not to give up whatever the hell derailing trainwreck of thought is currently going on.

Here's me : "Yes? Yes?"

The Boss : "You've addressed it to London. Was it not for Seaforth?"


Ever seen a grown marsupial cry?

No comments:

Post a Comment