Thursday 25 June 2009

Insu-Rants

The Boss has just discovered that her car insurance expires within 24 hours, and so has given up any pretence of being involved in the business and is hastily phoning every insurance company in the country for quotes.

This is actually fine with me, because without her input while I'm still doing the work of two people at least now I'm doing it largely unmolested.

There are persons working for insurance firms all around the country openly weeping as I type this, I'm quite sure. She goes into these things with such full-on bloody hostility, it never ceases to amaze me how someone can be so aggrieved with the rest of the world about just how bloody stupid their own self is.

Overheard phone conversations -

--------

"I got a quote and you said you'd match me a cheaper quote. So I got a quote and yours is cheaper. Can you match your quote?"

--------

"I don't know if it's three-door or five-door. Can you not tell by the model?"

--------
"Five years no claims. With just one claim. Last year. But my friend was driving."

--------

"What do you need my card details for, it's only a quote! I'm not giving you my card details! That's not on, you asking for my card details, when I just asked for a quote!... what? Oh, right, my car details, ok."

--------

"But we've been through all this already. Do I have to give you all these details again?"
(apparently unaware of the fact that this is the very start of a new phone call)

--------

People of the insurance world, it's rare that I have much by way of sympathy for you but this morning I assure you my heart goes out to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment