Wednesday 1 July 2009

One Seaside Town Is Much Like Another

The Boss : "How would I get a container to Portrush?"

(For the non-local, Portrush is a seaside town on the North Coast of Northern Ireland locally famous for ice-cream, Barry's Amusement Park and weekend raves, or whatever the kids call them these days. It's about 60 miles from here - not exactly a major challenge to a global shipping company)

Here's me : "Um, head north up the M2 and follow the signs for Portrush?"

The Boss : "No, I mean Hong Kong."

(For the aliens amongst you, Hong Kong is a largely self-governing territory of the People's Republic of China, renowned as one of the world's leading financial centres. It's difficult for me to establish the link to Portrush, if you can figure it out, you can have my job)

Here's me :


No comments:

Post a Comment