Monday, 26 October 2009

How Many Waiters To The Dollar?

The Boss : "How many diners do you get?"

Here's me : "Is this a joke? Are you sure you're telling it right?"

The Boss : "Don't be funny."

Here's me : "OK."

The Boss : "So?"

Here's me : "What?"

The Boss : "How many diners do you get to the pound?"

The penny should have dropped for me by now, but I'm very tired.

Here's me : "I wish. Just for once. That I knew. What in the flying blue fuck you were talking about."

The Boss : "How many Arabby Diners?"

Here's me : "Wha?"

The Boss : "Durham?"

Here's me : "Wha?"

I'll spare you the rest of this exchange but it turns out the question I was being asked was "What is the exchange rate of (United Arab Emirates Dirhams) to Pounds Sterling". For fuck's sake, like.

5 comments:

  1. Does this seem like your boss?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcortical_sensory_aphasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. "but have fluent, grammatical speech"

    Um, no. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've recently read back on all of your office antics - gotta say, if you don't end up launching this woman out of a window, one day you could end up publishing this masterpiece and make millions.

    Keep it up! (Sorry but) this insanity makes me laugh every time I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What, and give up all this? No way! ;)

    Thanks for the kind words Greg :)

    ReplyDelete