Thursday 22 October 2009

Hysterics

For some reason these conversations always seem to rise out of the ether whenever I have my head buried in a large pile of work. A more suspicious person would, um, suspect something.

The Boss : "Say he said a yellow Hyster truck. What would we do?"

Here's me : "What are you possibly on about?"

The Boss : "What's your man's name Sean Connery?"

Here's me : "Uhhh...."

The Boss, angrily : "You're obviously not completely au fait* with this."

Here's me : "Wha?"

The Boss : "Derek."

Here's me : "Wha?"

The Boss : "Did Derek Convery call you about a Hyster truck?"




* At some point in recent months The Boss has picked up the phrase "au fait" and is now using it at every possible opportunity, and generally completely out of context - y'know, I'll say 'Would you like a cup of tea?' and The Boss will airily say 'No, I'm too au fait here'. FUXAKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment