Monday 6 April 2009

Simple Taxi Service

The Boss : "Can you one-four-one a text?"*

* Explanation for readers outside of the UK - dialling 1471 on a UK telephone gives you the number of the last person to call you, similarly 141 before dialling out causes your number to remain invisible while dialling.

Here's me : "Er... no? I mean, er, why would ye?"

The Boss : "I have to send a text with an address to John."

Here's me : "So...?"

The Boss : "But I don't want him to have my number."

Here's me : "Um, why not?"

The Boss : "I think he's dodgy."

Here's me : "Dodgy how?"

The Boss : "Just dodgy. I don't want him having my number in case he does anything with it."

Here's me : "Er... What do you think he's going to do, with your number? I mean it's a company phone an' all."

The Boss : "He might send me strange taxis."

2 comments:

  1. I've only just come across your blog (thanks to B3TA) and have been laughing at it all night, but the last line here made me splurt wine out of my nose!

    Your boss is most certainly the mentalist mental I've ever come across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also directed here becuase of B3TA and that last line is indeed snortworthy. In my case, a bit on lunchtime pear. I am currently sitting here choking with laughter.

    Your boss is a pure mentalist.

    ReplyDelete