Friday 15 January 2010

Oh, The Weather Outside Is Frightful

And yet here I sit with my sleeves rolled up and the window open. I think it's somewhere in the region of about -4' C outside right now, and yet I am sitting here sweating like a priest in a Barney outfit. The Boss has one again attempted to exert control over the laws of thermodynamics and has turned the air conditioning up to 29' C before leaving last night. 


I question her on this as we sit slowly dying of heat exhaustion.

Here's me : "Why did you do this?"

The Boss : "It was set to 19. But 19 was too cold."

Here's me : "So what was wrong with, I dunno, 21 or something? I mean, 29 degrees?"

The Boss : "I set it to 23. But that was too warm."

Here's me : "What?"

The Boss : "23 was too warm. So I opened the windows. But then it was too cold, and I had to turn it up to 29. 29's just right when the windows are open."

I'm going to kill her, very soon.

4 comments:

  1. My dad used to do that, probably still does, and trying to stop such a practice with logic is an exercise in futility. I'm guessing you've already tried.

    Love the blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once put some cereal into the microwave for too long and it got too hot - so I put it back in on "defrost" as that had the word frost in it and I knew frost was cold. However it almost set on fire.
    I was of course only like 3 at the time, however I can imagine the Boss doing this kind of thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh happy day! SK is back!
    I may need to read everything twice - this week has seriously sucked out loud...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somebody should ship a polar bear to Belfast just so it can maul her. If only we knew somebody who worked in shipping...

    ReplyDelete